The Guitar of Andrés Segovia CD and package $44.95
History, sound and photographs of his 1937 Hauser guitar
The box contains:
1. 1 CD with Segovia playing Bach, Handel, Gluck, Schubert, Mendelssohn, Brahms, De Falla, Moreno Torroba.
2. COLOR BOOK;
3. FULL-SIZE COLOUR POSTER of the guitar;
4. FULL SIZE POSTER of the front's technical drawings;
5. FULL SIZE POSTER of the back's technical drawings;
6. FULL SIZE POSTER of the details' technical drawings;
Texts: English, French, German, Italian; Texts and technical drawings by Richard E. Bruné (My colleague, Richard Bruné, is writing the foreword to my book “Annotations for the History of the Classical Guitar in Argentina 1822-2000”)
Photos in high resolution by courtesy of The Metropolitan Museum of Arts.
Andres Segovia was the first guitarist to effectively transcend the limitations perceived by a skeptical public about the classical guitar. Until his time, guitar was relegated to very minor importance compared to the lofty heights maintained by piano and violin virtuosos. This release is a homage not only to the artistry of Segovia but also to that of Hermann Hauser, the violinmaker who, in 1937, built this extraordinary instrument. Texts and technical drawings by the renowned American luthier Richard E. Bruné, who has studied and photographed in detail this famous guitar. The guitar of Andres Segovia is now property of the Metropolitan Museum of New York, which has collaborated with DYNAMIC to make this tribute to the art of the great Spanish guitarist who died in 1987.
The selections are:
Johann Sebastion Bach
1. Siciliano from Violin Sonata No. 1
2. Courante from Cello Suite No. 3
3. Bourree from Lute Suite in E minor
4. Gavotte from Cello Suite No. 6
5. Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1
6. Bourree from Violin Partita No. 1
7. Fugue from Lute Suite BWV 1000
8. Chaconne from Partita No. 2 for Violin
George Frederick Handel:
9. Allegretto grazioso
Christoph Willibald Gluck
13. Ballet from "Orfeo ed Euridice"
14. Menuet from Piano Sonata in G Major, D. 894
15. Song Without Words Op. 19 No. 6
16. Waltz Op. 39 No. 8
Manuel De Falla
17. Homenaje "Le Tombeau de Debussy"
Federico Moreno Torroba:
19. Sonatina I - Allegretto
20. Sonatina II - Andante
21. Sonatina III - Allegro